Monday, January 15, 2007

inbox

IMG_6961

I reread Getting Things Done this weekend and tidied my room with the aim of implementing at least some of the GTD system. The first step is to put everything that needs sorting into an inbox. Mine is kind of overflowing... And now I'm losing momentum before I get to the actual processing stage. At least everything other than my desk is tidy.

Bonus photo:
IMG_6962

That was actually surprisingly painless. Of course, I mainly just filed or threw stuff out. I haven't actually done the whole "next action" thing on what's left. The worst thing I found was that the very bottom layer of the pile was my last attempt at GTD from about 9 months ago...

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I totally decluttered (some parts) of my house this weekend, too!

Billie said...

I did, too! It's the thing to do right before school starts (for some of us!). :-)

Scrivener said...

I went the opposite way--couldn't find Ella's birth certificate that I needed to submit for some bureaucratic thing and ended up pulling clutter out and strewing it all over my office. And then found the certificate in her baby book, so it was all pointless cluttering. Sigh.

Finding the last attempt at GTD at the bottom of the pile, though, that's funny.