Wednesday, April 04, 2007

door

(Reposted from my main blog)

I'm taking a photography class and the first assignment was to take photos of the front door. I'm kind of scared of taking photos along for everyone else to critique, especially since the teacher is kind of abrupt and intimidating. I also just took these photos in a hurry this morning, so I didn't put as much thought into it as I would've liked (I have my thesis committee meeting tomorrow, so this class is not my top priority right now).
So, which 3 photos should I print? These are my favourites, but there are some more variations on the same pictures here. If you have suggestions on what I should do differently, I'd be glad to hear them, too.


IMG_8666-1



IMG_8682-1
(I know this is a little blurry; I might try to retake it)



IMG_8672-1



IMG_8669-1



IMG_8671-1
(I kind of like the underexposed version)



IMG_8668-1

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

There's something about the one of the bottom of the door and the step that seems a bit sad. So for the reaction in prompted in me, I would choose that one.

Overread said...

The reflections are cool, but I like the first 3 best for composition. I really love the second shot for the negative space.

Have fun with the class!

Ianqui said...

Yeah, I kind of like the one with the doormat too. This may be a bad reason, but I really like that the mat matches both the door and the color of the house.

Billie said...

I like the composition in your pics . . . very nice. I'm with Ianqui, though: I like the door/doormat photo. :-)

Scrivener said...

Another one who prefers the one with the doormat. I also like the first one, with the mail slot.